Monday 14 January 2013

Bienvenue a Mater Dei

Today, or rather yesterday since it is just past midnight, I got a call whilst at work from my sis asking to call back. The message said "it is about Morgan."

"Oh great," I thought to myself.

I contacted my mum who told me Morgan had high fever - 40.1 degrees celsius.

I left work early. My brother picked me up, took me home where I gathered a few basic belongings, picked up Morgan and came straight to hospital.

By the time we got here, her fever had gone thanks to Nurofen syrup my mum had given her. The pediatrician at the Emergency room knew Morgan from previous visits, so long story short, she decided to be super cautious.

Johan - a.k.a HSS to you who have been following the blog - came over as soon as he could. The doc took a couple of urine samples and sent them for tests.

We were told to return a couple of hours later for the results. We went over to Rose's house, grabbed a bite, and headed back here.

Surprise! Morgan has YET ANOTHER EFFIN UTI. WHILST ON EFFING DAILY ANTIBIOTICS.

This means we are going to spending this next week at hospital.

Thankfully the Canula Ordeal this time round wasn't too bad. The doc managed to find Morgan's vein at her 3rd attempt.

Now we are in a shared room where my armchair is broken and the back won't stay in a horizontal position if I move, we have no footstool or chair (unlike some bastards sharing the room with us who have a footstool and TWO chairs), and the bathroom is on the opposite side of the corridor.

*sigh*

I have no idea what antibiotics they will put her on for prevention purposes once we are sent home. Nitrofurantoin already is a broad spectrum antibiotic. Any broader and it would start singing about cats and gods know what else. (Broad, broadway.. Get it?)

I suppose at least this did not happen on Morgan's birthday at least.

Had better try and sleep a bit. This is going to be a long week.

Goodnight!


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from GO Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment