Tuesday 21 February 2012

Hercules & The Mountain of Poop

Motherhood - how I went from this to this.

True story.

I was having a sandwich in the kitchen whilst watching the Godliness that is Kevin Sorbo - possibly the only "buff" male I find appealing - kicking Tia Carrere's pretty arse in Kull The Conqueror - and just when he's about to deliver the final blow, I get summoned back to the bedroom.

Morgan was up, needing a nappy change and to be fed.

*Fanfare* Supermum to the rescue!

Morgan had in store for me one hell of a shitty experience! I know, pretty graphical. But.. *points to blog's name* 'Nuff said.

Anyway. I had noticed her poop to be more liquid a few nappy changes ago, and kept a mental note to see if it happens again. Which it did. Now I'm looking forward to sunrise so that I can get in touch with a paediatrician and take her for a check-up. She has had a stuffy nose as well - which by itself isn't a cause for concern. Stuffy nose + explosive diarrhoea = a potential cause for concern.

Hopefully it isn't anything, and simply her body adjusting to the outside world.

We are now in the process of trying to extend the gaps between one feed and the next. We're averaging 4 and a half hours' gap now. Yay for more sleep!

We also received the stuff I ordered for her from Amazon using the gift voucher my aunt gave Morgan. We now have a fair bit more nappies for Morgan to turn into poopy masterpieces! The 3 Lamaze toys I ordered for her seem awesome - we'll see if she grows to like them! Just in case you're wondering which ones she now owns, here they are:
1) Sir Prance-a-lot: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518SsOiJezL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
2) Freddie The Firefly: http://www.nestingmode.com/uploads/product/12175374560.jpg
3) Gardenbug Foot Finder & Wrist Rattle Set: http://images.learningcurve.com/is/image/media/LC27111A_SH_A01?$detail$
Now that she's asleep again, I just might _try_ and have some "me" time again. In the meanwhile, enjoy this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_WGPgIOXXQ

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from GO Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment