Saturday 11 February 2012

So close, no matter how far...

I feel sick.

This morning, I have had to come home for a short while. My place is a rental, which is also up for sale. Every once in a while someone contacts the landlady asking to view it, and she in turn lets me know about it so that we can agree a time and day for the viewing.

I got a call on Wednesday asking whether it would be ok for a viewing to be held on Thursday. I refused as Thursday is Day From Hell for my relatives and no one would be available to come over on my behalf or babysit Morgan whilst I drop by.

We rescheduled for this morning, at 11:30am. I called my brother to arrange for him to pick me up, and he came by at my grandma's at 11:10am.

The moment I had to walk away from Morgan, I started feeling really guilty about it. I lost count of how many times I kissed her head and told her I love her and that I would be back soon.

As soon as I got in the car, I started feeling sick. The farther we drove, the worse I felt. I was excited to see that she received her first mail! Granted, they're papers from hospital. Still, seeing "Morgan Dougall" written on the envelopes made me happy.

The real estate agent and the people who came over to see the place were HALF AN HOUR late. I was pacing like mad, impatient for them to arrive. In the meanwhile, I packed some clothes to take back with me, a blanket, and Blueberry Bear. I was just about to call the landlady to tell her I was leaving when they arrived.

They had a look around, and seemed unimpressed. Neighbours starting arguing, much to my satisfaction. I always enjoy them arguing whenever some potential buyer comes over to view the place. It gives them a realistic view of it all.

Shortly thereafter, they left, and I couldn't come back to my Morgan soon enough.

The moment I held her again, I couldn't stop kissing her and telling her how much I missed her.

Relatives seem to think I ought to get used to us being apart. I feel it is way too soon. She isn't even 2 weeks old yet! After spending 9 months of being as one, being physically apart is bloody hard. I have no idea how I will cope with it once I have to return back to work. In the meanwhile, I intend to spend as much time as it is humanly possible with my beloved Creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment