Sunday 26 February 2012

Only God can judge me, right?

Whilst reading the paper this morning, I came across the article I'm including a picture of.

Such articles piss me off beyond belief. Who the hell does the Church think it is to be one to judge IVF as 'arrogant' or to say that children born out of wedlock are non-permissable?!

Are they seriously telling me that Morgan was born without permission?
This is the same church to condemn abortion as sin. So, what are they saying? That every pregnancy resulting from pre-marital sex - including rape - should lead to a shotgun marriage? [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_marriage]

Wikipedia has the following to say about forced marriages:

"The United Nations views forced marriage as a form of human rights abuse, since it violates the principle of the freedom and autonomy of individuals. The Roman Catholic Church deems forced marriage grounds for granting an annulment - for a marriage to be valid both parties must give their consent freely."

So, what exactly does the Church expect?

I realise that the article is quoting just one man - however that one man happens to be the Head of the Church and therefore its spokesman. He has shot himself in the foot so many times, it makes me wonder that no one has attempted to have him.. ahem.. removed.

Looking back, the Pope prior to this guy made less gaffes and statements that could me misinterpreted. And yet, he _was_ shot. It makes me wonder whether the Church's security has really been upgraded _that_ well since the incident.

I am in no way advocating violence, mind you. I merely am pointing out that violence has occurred for way less damaging statements. Yes, I feel he is causing some serious harm to the Church by not thinking twice about how he words his public preaches.

I also wonder - if IVF is such a big no-no, are they going to turn down all baptism requests for children born thanks to IVF?

The longer I postpone having to baptise Morgan, the bigger a hypocrite I feel I am for having to go down that road.

No comments:

Post a Comment