Monday 13 February 2012

I've got you under my skin

As I was changing Morgan's poopy nappy earlier today, I noticed the skin on her foot - right where it creases on the top part of the joint that joins the leg to the actual foot [i.e. The top of the heel, so to speak] - was peeling.

I checked her hands to find that the top part of her wrist was also peeling. Needless to say, this piqued my curiosity, which led to my googling what the cause might be, whether it is an expected thing, and what I could do to help treat it.

I came across the following site - http://www.babycenter.com/baby-rashes-skin-conditions - which includes a visual guide to different skin conditions that are commonly found in babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers.

So far, Morgan has had slight jaundice which has cleared up from what I can tell. She also had some Milia - tiny white /yellow pearly dots on her nose which are very common in newborns and that disappear without treatment.

She also has had some Baby Acne -[http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-acne_72.bc] and still does, however it comes and goes. It doesn't bother her in the least, so it doesn't bother me either. I just make sure to clean her face properly every day. Simple water and her body wash do the trick. Even just water does it. The less chemicals her skin gets exposed to, the better.

I don't believe in loading her with creams, oils and lotions as I feel they interfere with the skin's natural ability to have a balanced PH and be healthy. I only use creams when necessary.

Where was I? I got distracted watching Morgan sleep in my arms. Holding her relaxes both of us, and it isn't the first time it lulls me to sleep.

As I was saying, I don't use creams and all that crap as precautions. I believe using all that stuff as precautionary measures can easily backfire as the body never learns to take care of itself. So, I opt for a need-to-use method which so far is working out well.

Later this week, I might get to go to a Sling-wearing class. Once my friend mails it out to me, I'll then be able to start wandering about with Morgan more easily.

I can't wait till the weather warms up a bit so that I can take her places and show her things! She already is fun to be around - let alone if she gets to be taken to fun places!

No comments:

Post a Comment