Thursday 22 March 2012

It's Mister Stabby!

This entry is being typed real-time.

Today is the day - I will be wanting to hurt someone badly soon. Well, after this HUGE queue of people before me are done.

We're at the clinic, waiting for our turn. For some reason, Morgan needs to go through a check-up before receiving her first shot - in spite of having a doctor's note confirming she's peachy and ready to start the immunisation process.

There are babies screaming and crying all over the place - and yet again, Morgan is just laying in her pram quietly.

Our appointment was at 9:30am - it already is 10:20am and we're still waiting for the check-up to happen.
 
*****************************************************************
Passed out in my arms as I type
Ok, it is now 12:52pm and Morgan and I are curled up in bed at my Grandma's house.

Shortly after my grumblings about us being made to wait for _that_ long, we were summoned. Morgan was asleep, so when I lifted her out of the pram and put her on the clinic's couch, it was rather easy to measure her height.

She is now 56cm tall! That's an extra 4cm(approx) within a week. Yay! Morgan's head somehow measured slightly smaller than last week - go figure! Her head's circumference is now 38.2 and she weighs 4.45kg. She did gain weight, but apparently it isn't enough so I was told to feed her more - by adding an extra scoop of formula to it. *shrug* Different medical people say different things. We'll see how it goes.
 
Once the check-up was complete, I was bombarded with info that the staff at the clinic must be sick and tired of repeating to every person who walks in with a child. I don't remember half of it - it was mainly to do with weaning. Eh. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
 
Whilst I was dressing Morgan post-check-up, I was talking to her and she was smiling and gurgling in happiness at me. Yay! I love her mini-chuckles and toothless grins.
 
Then, it was time to face the music. I took her into another room and was told to put her on the couch. This nurse told me that the injection was an immunisation against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Pertussis and Haemophilus Type B (HIB).

*****************************************************************

It is now 19:17pm.

To continue the story...

A few seconds later, Morgan's thigh was exposed and this HUGEASS needle was stuck in her right thigh. Time seemed to slow down as I watched it going in. Morgan's eyebrows furrowed, she went bright red and started howling in pain. Her eyes filled up with tears, and I wanted to punch the living crap out of the nurse. Like SERIOUSLY hurt her. Morgan seemed to be saying "Why are you hurting me? Why are you letting her hurt me? I've done nothing wrong, stop hurting me!"

As soon as the needle was out, I picked Morgan up and held her close to me, all whilst apologising to her and trying my best to reassure her.

I hurried out as fast as I could as it was getting late and was nearly time for her to be fed.

I stopped by at the pharmacy to get her a box of suppositories (just in case she gets feverish) as I had forgotten the one I have already at home. Also got her a bottle of surgical spirit so that I could clean her tiny wound with it.

We arrived at my Grandma's at 11:20am. I had already cleaned Morgan up at the clinic and didn't need a nappy change yet. I just warmed up her bottle and fed her - and she crashed not long after. I joined her for a small nap, and once up, we made our way home. My mum came home with us so that she could give me a hand with a few chores.

As soon as my mum left, I noticed Morgan needed to be cleaned up - Uber Pooper struck again. I gave her a bath, and she is now in my arms fast asleep.

See? :D

No signs of fever as of yet - fingers crossed no fever will show up!

1 comment: