Monday 9 January 2012

Minutes and seconds are passing us by

Time is weird.  It speeds up when you want it to slow down, and slows down when you want it to hurry the fuck up.  Also, altitude affects the actual speed of time - the higher up you are, the quicker time goes by.  Yes, this means your head grows older quicker than your feet do.  It is all part of Einstein's Theory of Relativity.  This article explains it in terms mere mortals can grasp.

In approximately four weeks Creature will be born.  For some reason, every time I think about it, I start hearing the song found below playing in my head:


40 weeks seems like an eternity when it comes to pregnancy.  I have come close to losing my patience with the whole process quite a few times... However now that the finishing line is looming ahead of me, it evokes a sense of foreboding, in a way.  A lot of doubts and question marks start popping up.  As I try not to panic, and accept the fact that I'll have to face it, no matter what, I try to look up facts that make me feel glad that my situation is as it is.

For starters, as much as I wish I were a Female Seahorse, it could have been much worse.  I could have been a Female Elephant.

OK, stop staring at me perplexed.  I'll explain my reason

Different mammals have different Gestational Periods.  Clicky here for a short list.

See what I mean?  Thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment