Sunday 29 January 2012

You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes

Those of you who know me, know very well that I'm not the girly girl kind of person.  I've always been the  kind of female to hate all the fussing and faffing about.  This also is reflected in what I wear.

I hate shopping - unless it is for books.  I don't get what the fuss is all about - trying on clothes that don't fit properly and/or you have no intention/means to purchase is just annoying,frustrating and a complete and utter waste of time to me.  I also happen to a One Pair Of Shoes kind of person.  What this means is that you can find me wearing the same pair of shoes in all sorts of different occasions. I can't walk in heels - and I don't need heels anyway - at least locally.  When I'm travelling, then yes - I might get to feel short. By Maltese standards though, I'm on the tall side at 1m69cm/ 5ft 6.5 inches.

One thing I have just realised though is this.  I have had 3 new pairs of shoes over the past couple of  years.  They all were laced and worn on extremely significant occasions.


The above photo depicts the first pair. This photo was taken at Skindependence 2010 - on the 2nd of July to be exact.  That was  the moment I defied gravity.  And by that, I mean I was suspended from 4 hooks that were pierced through the skin of my back.  It was one of the best moments of my life - one of my greatest accomplishments [and I can't wait til I get to suspend  again!].

The second pair was when I went to Manchester exactly a year ago.  I got there on the 27th of January, 2011.  I already went into detail about this in this previous blog, so I won't repeat myself.

Today,the 29th of January 2012, I find myself lacing up the 3rd pair just an hour or so before I leave for hospital, where I will be giving birth over the next couple of days.  The fun fact about this is that an exact year ago, I was in Manchester and we were going to have a photo shoot in the morning. This was where it all began with Creature's 'father'. By 'father' I mean sperm donor.  I won't go into the dynamics of how and why he is absent as I don't think it is fair for me to badmouth someone who has given me Creature.  I refuse to be the kind of Single Parent to badmouth the ex - regardless of how justified it might be.  Especially when it comes to doing so publicly.

I guess this is some sort of subconscious change I go through whenever a major change in my life's direction is about to be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment